Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peruvian chicken update

Sorry, no pictures. Should have taken some, though, as it was a glorious sight on the grill's rotisserie. And holy o'golden was it wonderful. I mean, really really wonderful. I think the 20 hour marinade was key. I wonder if we could inject the rub into the chicken? Honestly, though, we didn't actually need to do that as it had good flavor all the way through and the rotisserie made it really (I hate this word, but it's true) moist and juicy. The skin was, of course, the best part, as skin always is.

And the chicken went really nicely with the cilantro rice. When I do the rice again, though, I think I'll cut back just a smidge on the lime. I tripled the recipe (for at least 3 cups of rice) and I think I could double the recipe for 3 cups of rice.

Plus, we made summer beer: rosemary lemonade, vodka, Corona light, and rosemary simple syrup (over ice). Sound weird? Maybe, but it's delicious.

Overall, a stunning meal. We will a) absolutely make this again and b) use our rotisserie on the grill more often.

Oh, also, I wasn't a huge fan of the dipping sauce. It wasn't bad and, as Lisa mentioned, it would probably be a good veggie dip, but it didn't really enhance the chicken much, nor was it needed. I'd skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment