Saturday, August 6, 2011

Peruvian chicken and cilantro rice

When I was visiting Billy and Anna in Madison, we ate a few times at the food trucks on campus. I had this Peruvian chicken and cilantro rice that I LOVED. When I got home, I noticed that there was a recipe in my Cook's Illustrated for Peruvian chicken, so I'm going to try it tomorrow night. I don't have the recipe in front of me (I'm at a coffeeshop), but I'll post it soon, especially if it turns out. I'm also going to try this cilantro rice recipe that I found online:

Make rice as usual. I'm going with basmati.
Blend in food processor (or blender)
2/3 cup cilantro, loosely packed
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped scalions
1 jalapeno (or to taste)
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp olive oil



This is for each cup of rice, so I'll need more than this, but I like the idea. I'll post after we try it. 


I've also been doing basmati with basil butter and it is, just fyi, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment