Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Anne's" Guacamole

I got this recipe from Anne, but the "Anne's" is in quotes, so I'm guessing she got it from someone, too.

It's Mexican night back in NH (Mike G's birthday), which made me decide I should make some guac and a margarita. So here goes:

1 ripe avocado
2/3 C. cottage cheese
2 Tbsp FRESH lime juice (makes a huge difference)
1 Tbsp chopped scallions
2 green chilies
2 garlic cloves, pressed
pepper to taste
1 tomato, chopped

mix everything but the tomato and a 1/4 of the 'cado in a food processor. I add an extra clove of garlic (shock) and a bit of salt. Billy is VERY against the cottage cheese and honestly, it's optional, but it gives it a smoother texture. I also throw in a bit of crushed red pepper. 

ANYWAY, mix in a food processor or chop all that stuff pretty fine and mix it by hand. If you're using a food processor, when you're done, smash the last 1/4 'cado into it to give it a chunkier texture. 

Remove the seeds from the tomato and chop the rest and mix it in. You can just throw in the whole chopped tomato, seeds and all, but it's a bit watery.

I leave out the tomato pretty often cuz I don't love tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment