Sunday, May 31, 2009

Salad kick

I've been on a bit of a salad kick lately. Nothing fancy: some fresh organic baby spring greens, some baby spinach, red cabbage (I love raw red cabbage), celery, shredded carrots, just a bit of diced red onion, and some alfalfa sprouts. Sometimes some red bell pepper and/or some radishes. Sometimes a few chopped green or kalamata olives.

I'm not a huge fan of salad dressing, but I've been splashing on about a tsp of Italian dressing lately, and some croutons. 

The problem with salads, for me, is that I'm hungry again in an hour or two. So I've also been trying to make sure I get a little protein -- a couple chicken fingers, a handful of almonds. Something. Because I honestly really like salad (sans tomato -- not a big tomato fan), but it's not the most filling thing ever. But whenever I eat salad I am reminded of how much my body seems to crave raw veggies. If you haven't had a good salad in awhile, I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment