Friday, May 15, 2009

Grilled Cheese

I've not been cooking a whole lot lately, but I have rediscovered my deep love for grilled cheese sandwiches. I, and my doctor, blame Tim, who makes amazing grilled cheeses and melts. Now, one hardly needs a recipe for a grilled cheese. It's rather self-explanatory. Still, there seems to be a technique that I'm starting to get down (again, thanks to some tutelage by Timmer). But my latest obsession ala grilled cheeses is olive tapenade. 

This probably isn't a true olive tapenade, but I've been crushing up marinated green olives (in white wine, garlic, herbs, etc. I buy them already marinated), a few kalamata olives, and a couple sun dried tomatoes with just a dash of olive oil. Then I spread that on the bread before adding a slice of pepperjack cheese, then sliced portabella mushrooms, then a bit of shredded mozz (for stretchiness). Holy o'golden, it's my new favorite thing.

And while this isn't a cooking note, it is an eating note. If anybody happens to find themselves in Lawrence, KS, can I recommend Zen Zero? The drunken noodles are fanFREAKINGtastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment