Monday, June 13, 2011

New postings?

I haven't really been here in awhile, and I know there's not really anybody checking/using this blog, but I'd like to start posting some ideas again. Right now I'm on the hunt for the perfect BBQ sauce recipe. While it's not popular with "real" BBQers, I love Famous Dave's Devil's Spit and have been trying to make a similar sauce with no real luck. I've used a few recipes out of Raichlen's BBQ Bible (and his sauces book) and I've not really loved any of them. Too sweet, too vinegary, too bland. I've tried building two of my own from scratch and they've been fine, but not great. So maybe I'll post a few recipes here in the upcoming days and if anybody happens upon this, they can give me some suggestions. If not, at least I'll have a record of what I've done, what I've liked, and what I haven't liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment