Friday, July 3, 2009

Cheese, Gromit.

Not much on the cooking front here. It's hot out, we've been moving, and we had a brief roadtrip to WI. So nothing new on the cooking front. My guess is that will be the theme until it cools off again, but we'll see.

I do, though, want to just give a quick shout out to fresh mozzarella. I've been adding it to my grilled cheeses and it's soooo good. Also, love chunks of fresh mozz in chili or spaghetti. I don't like the super wet kind, but when it's a little firmer, it's fantastic.

I also like to get a loaf of good bread, cut it in half width wise, take on of those halfs and cut it length-wise (so you've got something like Stoffers french bread pizza), drizzle a little olive oil, put on a bit of chopped garlic, fresh sliced mushrooms, some red onion, and some green olives, sprinkle a little sea salt, then chunks of fresh mozz, and put it in the oven for a bit. So freaking good.

1 comment: