Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obvious garlic butter

Okay, so this is REALLY obvious, but I just got done eating this and it was so good I thought I'd post it here. 

Yesterday I roasted some garlic (one clove of elephant garlic, to be exact, but you can go with 4 cloves of regular garlic) [cut the tip off garlic clove(s), place in tin foil, sprinkle with olive or sesame oil, wrap in foil, and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes] and mashed it into about 3/4 a stick of butter. Added just a pinch of salt. I made that to put on some fresh bread. Good stuff.

But TODAY, I boiled up a little rotini, "topped it" with the leftover garlic butter and added a pinch of salt. I chunked up some fresh mozz, threw that in there, and freaking LOVED it. If my fresh basil hadn't been getting gross in the rotter, I would have added a bit of that. I thought about throwing in a bit of crushed red pepper, too, but it was just so GOOD as is (was). 

Obvious, I know, but so good. So so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment